If you’ve never worn a corset before, or if you’ve only bought corsets from other stores, you may wonder what size corset you should choose when you shop with us. You may be wondering, “what size corset should I get?” or “should I choose my regular size?” or “Does it really fit? What if I pick the wrong one?” or “What if my corset size can fit but my bust does not? How to choose the suitable corset size? ” We try our best to let everyone who loves corsets at least have one corset that suits them.
Unlike many other mass produced corset sites, Meet Costumes offers a special corset size option for every two inches, rather than every four inches, we have 11 corset sizes for each corset. So Here comes some guidance about what size corset should you get!
How to Measure Corset Size?
Here is a guide to measuring yourself for a corset plus size:
- To ensure your corset size, first of all, make sure you stand up straight.
- Then pick up a fabric measuring tape or a marked string.
- Bust: wear a non-padded bra and measure the fullest part of your breasts. (You don’t have to measure your bust if you order the underbust corset. Measure your bust only when you need to choose an overbust corset.)
- Underbust: measure around the rib cage where your bra line is.
- Waist: your waist is between your hip bones and the bottom of your rib cage. Your body may curve slightly. Natural Waist: Measure at the smallest part of your waist usually right above your belly button.
- Hips: measure where your hip bones are, not your butt or upper things.
- Torso: In order to accurately understand the corset sizes, it’s best to start off sitting straight up in a chair with your back completely straight. You’ll then want to place the end of the measuring tape at your underbust line and bring it down to the top of your thigh.
If your waist measurement is bigger than your bust, consider an underbust corset before trying an overbust corset, or stick to an underbust corset belt for the best possible look and most comfortable wear.
Not each corset needs your torso length measured, but if you have a small torso, it is important to make sure you measure this corset size so that your corset will fit you as closely as possible. If the torso length of the corset is too long, it will move up when you sit down and even prevent you from sitting down. When taking this measurement, consider where you want the bottom of your corset top to stop when you sit down.
How to Know My Corset Size?
We have plus size corset tops and plus size corset dresses for women. And each corset size may have a little difference. After you measured yourself, please refer to our corset size chart on our product pages for each corset for plus size women. Below is a comparable size to US size and UK, AU size.
Corset Size Chart
Corset Size Chart for Our Plus Size Corset Top
In one word, our corsets for women are designed by waistline and they are not made by the normal US size. Here below is a size chart of our corset. But we have more than 200 styles of corsets in our online store and each corset size may have a little difference. So please kindly check the corset size chart on each product page before you make the order.
How to Wear a Plus Size Corset Top?
We have a zip front corset and corset with hook and eye front. But our corset for plus size women has the same adjustable structured corset lacing back. You may lose the tie on the back to fit if it is small. And if it is too big for you, you can also try to lace the tie closure on the back. In order to make the corset size fit you the best, here are four steps to wear a corset right:
- Lose the lacing on the back before you begin, then get the corset wrapped on your body;
- Carefully align both sides of the corset on the front and clip it up;
- Pull the laces, till you find your waist line perfect. Make sure you breathe smoothly;
- Tie up the laces and put the loose ends into the net. Finished put on!
Free Corset Size Consultation
If you are not sure which corset size will fit you, feel free to contact us for a customized recommendation.
A: You can send us an email with your waist, your bust and your hip to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will reply with suggestions of the right corset size for you in 1 working day as soon as possible.
B: You can also chat with us on the corset size choosing matter by the online live chat. Feel free to let us know if we can help with anything else. We will get back to you as soon as possible. If you do not want to wait, we will follow up with the contact information you provide.
The perfect fit makes the perfect corset size. A key step in ordering a corset top for women is to make sure the corset size fits your body the best. Don’t make the mistake of ordering too small a size just because you think you might look thinner. And vice versa – if it’s too tight, it can be very unflattering, and uncomfortable. Pay close attention to each garment’s corset size chart. You’ll see it on each product description page. Note that you can use the size guide mentioned before as a general rule of thumb for various types of clothing. But before you place the order, be sure to check the custom size chart listed on each product page.
Do you know how to choose corset sizes by now? If you still have any questions about our plus size corset top and plus size corset dress, feel free to contact us now!
All we want is that you could find the perfect corset. Hope you will find corsets and costumes you like on Meet Costumes!